Subject: Re: "Mefistofele' tonight at the Met
From: Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2018 18:16:43 -0500

Does anyone remember that wonderful old Cetra recording of Lontano, Lontano with Tagliavini and Tassinari?   I treasured that LP for years. I think I have a copy somewhere, I think.  All the duets were gorgeous.

I too look forward to Mefistofele.  My first contact was as a super in SF Opera opening night, 1953,  I was dressed as a devil with red horns and tail and was so exited that I got lost in the “brocken” scene and ended up in a row of dancers who were really dancing!  So, I wiggled around until it was over and was more careful in other performances.
Peggy