Subject: Re: Marnie
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:34:26 -0500

Kos said:"Seems to me that if the person playing the role finds fault with
the character, we should probably investigate his reasons since he probably
knows the character better than anyone besides the librettist."

Oh, I don't know about that.  I have to think that one over.  Certainly
enough singers have placed completely different interpretations on a
character.  Case in point: Lucia -- weak or strong?