Subject: Re: Marnie
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:30:24 -0500

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This man took a thief off the streets and married her, partly because he
> was madly in love with her, but also because he was trying to help her find
> herself.

He took a thief off the streets by blackmailing her to marry him because he was
aroused by her and he had the power over her (he could turn her into the
police).

Seems to me that if the person playing the role finds fault with the character,
we should probably investigate his reasons since he probably knows the character
better than anyone besides the librettist.

  Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; EXLIBRIS-L ; SoundForge-users