Subject: Re: "Mefistofele' tonight at the Met
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:52:17 -0500

Being my favorite opera, I am very excited to finally be hearing it on Sirius
tonight and then seeing it in-house next week.  I never thought I'd live to
see the day that the Met would actually produce it again in my lifetime.
From chorales that are exquisite to music that attains a status of grandeur,
it is an emotional experience not to be missed.

I own a precious  private showing of the Prison Scene with a performance
by Magda Olivero which was totally spectacular.  The audience went insane
and it seemed as if they applauded her forever.

Her "L'altra notte" was magnificently sung as only she knows how to do it,
and her duet "Lontano, lontano, lontano" with Giuseppe Campora was
simply beautiful and heartfelt.  Jerome Hines completed the triumvirate of
talents that was written by the genius Arrigo Boito who, in my opinion,
never gets enough deserved recognition.
My wine glass is raised....