Subject: Re: "Mefistofele' tonight at the Met
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:36:13 -0500

Of course, Lady Jane (Patience) justifies the true esthete by defining
their creed.  Its safe to say Mefistofele would not qualify...😈

"Still, there is a cobwebby grey velvet, with a tender bloom like cold
gravy, which, made Florentine fourteenth century, trimmed with Venetian
leather and Spanish altar lace, and surmounted with something Japanese –*
it matters not what – *would at least be Early English!"