Subject: Re: "Mefistofele' tonight at the Met
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:24:10 -0500

Levine may have forbidden the Met from showing Mefistofele but then he also
had a problem with Bruckner and Shostakovich.  Barenboim mentioned to him
that Bruckner was so much like Wagner.  Levine agreed but still maintained
that he felt no affinity with Bruckner and would not conduct his works.
That Levine did not care for the Boito opera is just another example of his
limited musical taste.

Angelo from Boston