Subject: At 95, Zeffirelli set to Direct New "Rigoletto"
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2018 12:53:00 -0500

It may not (directly at least) have anything to do with sexual scandals (that is, outside of the
opera itself), but it was just announced that the 95 year old Franco Zeffirelli will be directing a
new production of "Rigoletto" to premiere in the Arabian state of Oman.  "Rigoletto) is to be a
co-production with Arena di Verona, which will be responsible for the sets, Rome Opera (with
the Zeffirelli Foundation) for the costumes and also co-produced by, Lithuanian National Opera,
and Croatian National Opera.  This is Franco's first go at Verdi's opera since his 1961
production for Trieste, which came to London in 1964.

This will be interesting, I am sure.  I'm looking forward to see who will be in the cast!

http://operawire.com/franco-zeffirelli-to-direct-a-new-rigoletto-in-oman/

p.