Subject: Re: "Mefistofele' tonight at the Met
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Nov 2018 19:16:46 -0500

I have long been a great admirer of the opera. Years ago, David Stockton's
Boston Concert Opera thrilled us with John Cheek in the great acoustical
environs of Jordan Hall.  I saw it at NYCO with Triegle and then later with
Chapman, who did a good job but of course paled in comparison with Triegle
who was absolutely riveting.  The reason of course that the opera is being
presented this season at the Met is that they decided to replace Lombardi
with something else and fortunately for us it turned out to be Boito.  I saw
Fabiano at CH in Lombardi and he was wonderful, but actually this opera is
probably a better one for him because he has such terrific arias and the
duet Lontano, lontano here.  He would not have these opportunities to shine as
much in the Verdi.  In a very few minutes I will be listening with vocal score
in hand to Mefistofele.  I can't wait.

Angelo from Boston