Subject: Re: tickets for sale tonight's Met Opera Aida
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Oct 2018 08:12:50 -0400

Francis:
In looking back on your post and reflecting the two women in the first act,
I can see where you are coming from.  I do believe that it depletes a lot of
energy to have to endure a singer who can't cut the mustard and protect
him while attempting to give your own character its all.
That is what was happening Wednesday night at the Encore of Saturday's
HD production, but despite that, those two women picked themselves up
by the bootstraps and delved right in and brought about wonderful and
satisfying performances.
Poor Rashvelishvilli really had to give it her all in the last act  -- to say
nothing of Nebs in the Tomb scene.

Speaking of the Tomb scene -- I personally did not like the staging of the
sides supposedly coming in on them instead of the top slowly stealing down
upon them as in other productions.  It took away some of the foreboding
and drama for me.