Subject: Re: The you-know-what has hit the fan
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Oct 2018 07:54:43 -0400

Since I posted this information and have had myriad responses, I am
thinking that my particular theater (United Artists) was the only one of 3
others that didn't have selected seats and decided to join the other 3 that
do assigned seating.

I am beginning to suspect that the reason might be to thwart off those who
go early (like me) to save seats for friends.

I am picturing little old ladies and gents who enter a movie or opera late, in
the dark, stumbling over one another.
I asked an agent what they do in that case and they said they now have
someone with a flashlight to assist them with their seat.
So that answers one poster who misses the good ol' days of ushers.

The worst part is the standing in line while people select a seat from a
seating list shown to them and then having to wait while the ticket is made
up with their seat assignment on it.  What a time waster and nuisance.

The best part is that I am able to get to my theater 10 minutes before
showtime instead of more than 1 hour in order to get a good seat for the
opera.