Subject: Re: The you-know-what has hit the fan
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Oct 2018 00:41:09 -0400

I go to the Regal Cinema in the Fenway area of Boston, and they've had
numbered/assigned seats for a few years now. My assumption is that more and more
movie theatres have started doing this over time, and that it has very little to do with the
particular programming onscreen (that is, it's not just the Met HD-casts that are being
sold this way).

There's an outdoor mall steps away from my apartment that just recently expanded to
include a whole new additional shopping area including a movie theatre, and I was hoping
they'd include things like the Met, the NT Live theatre transmissions, and other similar
programming, but so far, no go. I keep hoping...not that I mind the Fenway theatre, but it
would be so much nicer to have a closer venue. The other so-called Boston-area theatres
that show the Met HD's are way too far away for someone like me without a car.

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 00:25:35 -0400, A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>That can only happen when you buy a ticket for a theater that has numbered seats. For
instance I have tickets over the course of the HD season both for a theater near my
house where I picked the seat numbers when I booked the tickets because that is their
system, and for a more distant theater (where I go to meet my brother in law the few
times he joins me that is equidistant from both of us) where there are no pre-numbered
seats, and I usually go an hour early to get the seats I want.  That is where we saw Aida
two nights ago, and  it still did not have numbered seats.  We sat where we wanted to.