Subject: Re: The you-know-what has hit the fan
From: Greg Keesler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Oct 2018 01:19:42 +0000

Yep, the Aida was the first time my theater had reserved seats.  Luckily I was able to figure out online the seat that I always sit in but I don't really want to purchase tickets more than a week or so ahead.  I'm usually one of the youngest people there and I'm pushing 60. I don't see a lot of the elderly being able to go online ahead of time to purchase tickets and this might actually deter some from attending.
A couple of people came in after buying tickets at the ticket window, saw where they were supposed to sit and immediately went back out to exchange the tickets for their preferred seats.
Like you Idia, in previous seasons I would always get to the theater early - a lot of times I was the first one there.  I had found my favorite seat and always sat there.
Last Saturday I warned the ticket taker that there was going to be a lot of confusion among the elderly crowd and that it would be a good idea to have someone in the theater to help people find their seats.  She looked at me like I was crazy but said she would inform the manager.  Well, I was right.  At one point they had three employees in the theater to assist people.  I heard a couple of grumbles and complaints about the new policy of reserved seats.
I guess one good thing is I don't have to get there quite so early anymore.  I just hope no one ends up in my seat by mistake.