Subject: Lyric Opera broadcasts
From: Trish Callis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Oct 2018 18:24:47 +0000

Text of my recent message to LOC:
I live in Columbus, Ohio, and am bitterly disappointed that the radio broadcasts have been discontinued for lack of a sponsor. I thought Lyric was “good at raising money” (your words) and do not understand why the broadcasts are not a top education and outreach priority. These broadcasts put opera within the reach of people who can’t afford tickets, are shut-ins, and live beyond the reach of public transportation. I was a subscriber and donor when I lived in Chicago in the 1970s and 80s and didn’t make much money, so it saddens me that others won’t have any sort of access.

Patricia L. Callis (Trish)