Subject: Re: A Caballé anecdote
From: ls111553 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:42:47 -0400

Just like when Nilsson complained that she couldn’t be heard on Solti’s
Walküre. According to Culshaw, she was listening on one of those tiny,
batterry-powered record players, popular in the sixties.
“En casa del herrero, cuchillos de palo”, or “wood knives at the
ironsmith’s home”.
By the way, this excellent Tosca was released in 4-channel SACD by
Pentatone some years ago.