Subject: Re: Scotto as mezzo
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Oct 2018 04:19:18 -0400

Dear Mezzomaniac,

Ms Scotto sang Klytaemnestra in 2000 in Baltimore, see
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2000/11/13/a-powerful-
elektra-but-short-of-its-peak/a20bd641-0796-496f-ba36-702dca5f143c/?
noredirect=on&utm_term=.12d1422e8034. You can also find a recording of
her singing it in Sevillain 2002.

She did Charlotte much earlier (easy to find) with Alfredo Kraus and
Kundry in 1995. In 1999 she sang Madama Flora in The Medium.

In a way I am surprised she never took on the Countess in Queen of
Spades.

Kind regards

Ulrik
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 23:48:51 +0000, Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Scotto started out as a mezzo. There is an early recording of her singing
Voce di donna floating around somewhere.
>I could be wrong, but didn't she sing a late career Klytaemnestra in
Elektra?
>Mezzomaniac of the Religious Left

>[log in to unmask] containing only the words:  SET OPERA-L
NOMAIL