Subject: Re: STRIKE!!!
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:37:03 -0400

And Anita Cerquetti! ;-)))

The history of LOC is complicated in that most of the singers you list
sang there in an era when 2 performances of each opera was the
norm, with very occasional revivals of 3. As you say - "it was the best
of times".

It also allowed much bette control of payrolls and all other costs.

LOC has come much closer to a full time operation in the last
generation, and that has created significant financial and
scheduling issues. I wish them well!

Bob