Subject: Re: Caballe's commercial recorded legacy; zarzuela arias
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:42:06 -0400

I completely agree about this album. In '76 or '77 a long-dead friend loaned
my the vinyl album when I was almost a complete newbie in the world of
opera. It had a heavily air-brushed huge picture of her face on the front. The
singing was incredible even to my ear and I made a cassette copy for myself
which I listened to repeatedly for 25 years I guess. Finally it became
unlistenable. In searching for a replacement I discovered there was no digital
transfer or cd anywhere. I finally found someone who had the recording
issued on a Spanish label who kindly made a digital recording and sent it to
me, along with a couple of recital discs never transferred to cd. Hooray for
opera friends on the wonderful internet!!! Let us all be generous with one
another.