Subject: Re: Nelson Eddy and Opera
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Oct 2018 10:49:35 -0400

I even liked him in THE GIRL OF THE GOLDEN WEST, which had
nothing to do with Puccini and little with Belasco,  But it was his
gifts as a comedian that are never given sufficient credit.  They are
fully on display, together with the glorious voice, in the technicolor
SWEETHEARTS, with Jeanette and, especially for opera lovers,
in THE CHOCOLATE SOLDIER with Rise Stevens, as well in the
best PHANTOM OF THE OPERA ever made starring Claude Rains.

dtmk