Subject: Re: the greatest singers who never appeared at the met
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Oct 2018 12:50:54 +0000

I believe when the Karajan Rheingold premiered at Salzburg,
Fischer-Dieskau did sing Wotan, to somewhat mixed reviews. I am curious
to know whether he was ever contracted for the Met--perhaps someone can
check the archives? It would be wonderful to know whether some of the
other singers mentioned were contracted but backed out for one reason or
another.

Rich