Subject: Re: STRIKE!!!
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Oct 2018 18:06:28 -0500

The REAL question here is exactly how long can this go on before the point of no return?????  If this strike goes on for a while, the entire 2018-2919 season could end up going down the drain.  I can't blame the musicians for not wanting to take a pay cut, but then again, I can't see how LOC can operate a lengthy season when the seats aren't filled.  The sad reality is that most strikes are really a no-win situation. Neither side really wins.  The musicians will lose income and the Lyric will have to return money to subscribers.  According to our local newspaper, Lyric's problem is shrinking audiences and lots of empty seats for some performances.