Subject: Re: Adriana (was Caballe's commercial recorded legacy)
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Oct 2018 12:12:11 -0500

On Oct 10, 2018, at 7:51 AM, Buoso Donati <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I usually concur with Mr. Rideout's taste in singers, except when it comes
> to Renata Scotto.

Me too. Bob and I have a long history of agreeing (and, on occasion, disagreeing) about singers.

For me, opera is drama as well as music so I have a high tolerance for voices that may be lacking in (subjective, of course) beauty as long as the singer is able to delve into characterization. However, in Scotto’s case, I can’t get past what I hear as an unattractive timbre even though she’s an excellent interpreter. But that’s just me and I respect the next guy’s taste.

Kurt Youngmann

How come we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?  - Anonymous