Subject: Re: the greatest singers who never appeared at the met
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Oct 2018 08:35:05 -0400

I believe that when Karajan brought his concept of the Ring to the
Met, Fischer-Dieskau was contracted to be part of that presentation,
but, for whatever reason, he never arrived. I'm not certain!

Among others who had contracts but didn't show was -

Boris Christoff who definitely was scheduled to inaugurate Bing's
era in "Don Carlo". But, he was Bulgarian, and in 1950, the US
Government refused to give visas to "Commies".

Enter Cesare Siepi!

Bob