Subject: Re: my favorite attribute of Montserrat Caballe
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Oct 2018 17:51:39 -0400

I certainly would not attribute consistency to either Callas or Caballé,
Callas with vocal problems setting in by the mid 50's and crippling her
career completely in the 60's, and Caballé the queen of cancellation.  We
have had many discussion here about Caballé, but her singing anything and
everything, which some I guess take as a positive, has always been my
problem with her  -- a beautiful voice in search of a Fach.

David Kubiak

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 20:08:00 +0000, tom ponti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Of all the sopranos I saw live or heard on live recordings the vocal
miracles, 1950 - 80 would be: Callas, Sutherland, Nilsson and Caballe. Each
had their own special greatness and certain faults. There were, many other
great singers of that era but none I saw or heard on live recordings had the
supreme great qualities of these four. Price, Milanov and Tebaldi had
incredibly beautiful voices, but not the versatility or consistency of my
supreme four.