Subject: Re: Caballe's commercial recorded legacy; Anna Bolena; Giovanna Seymour
From: Michael McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Oct 2018 22:04:07 -0400

On Oct 8, 2018, at 1:29 PM, Daniel Layne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As for Adriana Lecouvreur, I had heard back in the 1980's that she had begun recording
> sessions for a complete studio version of the opera for Philips Records, with Fiorenza Cossotto
> and Jose Carreras, but at some point the recording was shelved and not completed.

I loved Caballe’s voice and like others mourn her death. And I saw her Adriana Lecouvreur at the Met in 1978 and thought it was a fine performance. But shortly after, in the same season, I saw Renata Scotto perform it and it was like hearing a different opera. Scotto’s performance blew me away.

Michael

Michael J. McPherson