Subject: Re: Caballe's commercial recorded legacy; Anna Bolena; Giovanna Seymour
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Oct 2018 11:09:31 -0700

Caballé was contracted to record “Il Trovatore” for EMI with Giulini conducting, sometime not too long after the Giulini “Don Carlo.”

Giulini himself brought it to a halt by refusing to ever work with her again after the “Don Carlo.”

Why they didn’t record her with a different conductor, I don’t know.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone