Subject: Re: Caballe's commercial recorded legacy; Anna Bolena; Giovanna Seymour
From: Daniel Layne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:29:54 -0400

While I am certainly glad for all the recordings she left behind, Caballé's recorded legacy had
plenty of gaps. I wish she had recorded il Trovatore, for example, as I think it was one of her
great roles. But, she was recording a lot for RCA, but they also had Leontyne Price around the
same time.
I also wished the would have commercially recorded one or all three of Donizetti's "Queen
trilogy" operas.
Also, I would have loved  a La Forza del Destino from her.
As for Adriana Lecouvreur, I had heard back in the 1980's that she had begun recording
sessions for a complete studio version of the opera for Philips Records, with Fiorenza Cossotto
and Jose Carreras, but at some point the recording was shelved and not completed.
One of my favorite recordings of hers the is studio recording of Madama Butterfly.
I don't recall for which label it was recorded, but at some point it was distributed by
London/Decca. I assume it is long out of print now.
In the mid-1980's London/Decca announced they were going to record a La Fanciulla del West
with Caballé and Pavarotti, but that never happened.

Dan