Subject: Re: LOC and Boris Christoff (was STRIKE!!!)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 13 Oct 2018 16:02:50 -0400

And then there was Boris Christoff whose American career was almost
exclusively defined by his appearances with LOC.

From 1957 when he debuted at the Lyric in Don Carlo, he appeared
in Boris Godunov, again as Philip, Boito's Mefistofele. Guardiano,
Don Basilio, Prince Igor (both roles), Colline, Zaccaria, and an encore
of Basilio. I may have left something out. I think he last appeared in
1963.

It was an extraordinary run of legendary performances that brought
tons of opera lovers to Chicago, including a number who I knew in New
York.

When the story of LOC is told, his will be remembered as one of its most
important chapters.

Bob