Subject: Re: The Met Must Go Further - Re: Met to perform Sunday matinees begining in 2019-2020
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Sep 2018 02:07:07 -0400

Be careful. You could dislocate your shoulder if you try too hard to pat yourself on the back.

I remember your getting slammed many times on Opera-L but cannot ever remember that it was for suggesting Sunday matinee performances. As to your other suggestions, selling hot buttered popcorn in the lobby would be of equal value.

More seriously, given the Gordian Knot of union contracts that had to be modified, Gelb should be given credit -- not heaped with scorn -- for the achievement.

RG