Subject: Re: Sundays at the Met
From: MICHAEL HETSKO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 Sep 2018 09:36:43 -0400

I think Sunday matinees are a good idea whose time has been a long time coming.  Practical reasons top my
 list:
1. driving into the city should be much easier with Sunday traffic.  Hopefully driving home on Sunday late afternoon will be equally as good.  Some of the year, the drive home will be during daylight hours
2. No mad rush to make it in on time.
3.  free on street parking on Sundays.
4.  even if I take the train in, less jam packed (I hope)
5.  Of course the Saturday matinees give us some idea that Sunday ticket prices will be more expensive, more in demand and likely to sell faster than week night tickets.  But, if the Met can sell more of that vast swath of now unsold tickets, it will be good for them and for opera, overall.