Subject: Re: The Met Must Go Further - Re: Met to perform Sunday matinees begining in 2019-2020
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Sep 2018 07:51:54 -0400

Let's review:

To save opera (at least in the US), we must kill opera.

To save opera, we must replace it with a list of titles of which Mr Camner
approves.

To save opera, we must replace it with Broadway like shows.

To save opera, we must never again waste time on academic operas (could we
have a definition of that term, please, for the win?) because heaven knows
no one ever turns up for Puccini or Verdi or Mozart or Donizzeti or
Tchaikovsky.

To save opera, we must never again stage a traditional opera -- unless, of
course, we can somehow manage to turn it into a modern opera according to
the dictates of Mr Camner.

To save opera, we must allow a single individual (or the small percentage of
like-minded folks) to dictate the future of opera along their preferred
lines.

I, for one, am just so happy to have such a simple, easy to follow,
obviously correct path to saving opera.

In full sarcasm mode....