Subject: Re: NYT on Salzburg Salome with some explanations from Castelucci
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:07:23 -0400

Well, first off, the more than has to be *explained*, the less effective it is. (Like, if you
have to explain a joke, was it worth telling?)

Second, I feel that most of what Castellucci tries to explain winds up as utter
masturbatory regie bullshit. My opinion, of course.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 08:14:09 +0000, ekaterina usilova <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Sorry, my previous message got sent before I wrote it :-).
>
>Here is an NYT article on the production, i cluding Castelucci explaining some of the
things pople have been wondering about: