Subject: Sandor Konya
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Aug 2018 22:46:09 -0400

I just watched: Sandor Konya Da Capo Interview with August Everding 1993 on youtube and am very struck, not only with the soaring beauty of his voice and ironclad technique, but the warm quality as a human being that emanated from this conversation.
Everding played selections in which Konya sang from the German, Italian and French repertoire.    Needless to say his Wagner was easily the most impressive.
In light of our current discussion of what is or is not a Wagner tenor, I would like to hear the comments of those of you who were fortunate to have heard him live.