Subject: Re: Klaus Florian Vogt
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:42:53 -0400

KF Vogt has one of the most distinctive and distinctively beautiful voices
I've heard in my 45 years of live opera going.  It is virtually
distinguishable from all others in his core repertory.  The first standing
ovation I witnessed in Bayreuth was for his Lohengrin (repeated each time I
saw him there in that role...) - pounding and roaring with enthusiasm.  His
inherent timbre seems blessed with the bloom of springtime and youth and
also the ping and heft that suggests a hero in his prime.  It's been a
privilege every time I've gotten to hear him.  Not sure how he will
ultimately fare with Tristan, Siegfried, and Tannhauser, but as Lohengrin,
Walter, and Parsifal he is without peer in the present and brings his
unique sound to the formidable history of those associated with these roles.