Subject: Re: Everything Old is Old Again
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:33:05 -0700

Well, I was moving to Chicago from Long Island and couldn't take them with
me.  I literally couldn't give them away.  Even Academy and Princeton were
not interested.  My CD's were a different story - I took them with me, and
most of them have been in about 60 bankers boxes since.  I can't give them
away either - unless I get them back to NYC.  In Chicago and here in
Phoenix where I am now, operatic and classical CD's are worthless.  No
dealers are interested.  I will probably end up trying to donate them but
even that is difficult.  No one wants them.  The younger generation
downloads everything and since their hearing is usually gone by the time
they are 21, they don't care about the audio quality either.    I just sold
my high end and semi high end equipment and now use an older B & O
Beosystem 2500, just turned 21.  I hope it lasts.

Donald