Subject: Re: Klaus Florian Vogt
From: "Sterling ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Aug 2018 02:39:35 +0000

The only time I heard him was the recent "Parsifal" from the Met.  How, I wondered, does this man have a career?  What an empty, lack-luster sound, and no understanding that I could hear...  Does he sound so much better in the house?  BTW, I did not like YN-S's conducting at all.  First act was dead on its feet, and the only thing that held me to Act III was Vogt's astonishing - in all the wrong ways - utter lack of character, let alone voice.  Sometimes, something is so awful that you just have to continue with it... to the bitter end...

Sterling Fuller-Lewis