Subject: looking for information about elena zillio
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 11 Aug 2018 09:55:59 -0500

I’m curious to learn about Italian mezzo Elena Zilio who has had an extraordinarily long career. There doesn’t appear to be any biographical information about her on the ’net.

She first sang in Chicago all the way back in 1966 and appeared here often in the following years - into the 90s. Her most recent performances I’m aware of were as Quickly in Florence in 2014. That’s a career of at least 43 years - no doubt longer since I assume that she had already been singing before she came to Chicago.

Her most frequent Chicago roles were in comprimario mezzo parts (Italian, French, English and German) but she also appeared, surprisingly, as Musetta! Among her larger roles here were Suzuki and Nicklausse.

Information is welcome.

Kurt Youngmann

Green's law of debate: "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about."