Subject: Re: Plot failures (was perfect operas)
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:35:53 -0500

No, Idia, not alone. I agree that it makes sense. Not perfect sense, of course, but if you consider all the factors (including Azucena’s madness), the plot works.

One thing to consider is something that I heard someone say a few years ago. (I think it may have been Dolora Zajick, but I’m not sure). Whoever it was contented that Azucena has a purpose in winding up in the di Luna camp; she doesn’t just stumble in at random. She wanted to be caught in order to bring the plot to its denouement. This sets the wheels in motion to make it all happen at last.

Kurt Youngmann

> On Aug 10, 2018, at 4:43 PM, Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I'm probably alone but I actually thought Trovatore was an opera that
> made sense.

"There is no science in this world like physics. Nothing comes close to the precision with which physics enables you to understand the world around you. It's the laws of physics that allow us to say exactly what time the sun is going to rise. What time the eclipse is going to begin. What time the eclipse is going to end.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson