Subject: Re: Plot failures (was perfect operas)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Aug 2018 13:56:50 -0400

I have no trouble finding enormous pleasure in the music and
emotional content that operas like Trovatore afford, but I have a lot
of problems keeping from cracking up over those who claim that they
see no deficiencies in their dramatic contrivances. It's called comic
relief!

It might be time for them to understand that these things are not
"either" "or", that they can be both flawed and wondrous and that it
is not our role in life to launch crusades in defense of the indefensible.

They sell and are respected for their enormous strengths, and,
despite their limitations.

Bob