Subject: Re: Perfection in opera (was Re[2]: 2008 film of la boheme - question)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Aug 2018 14:11:55 -0400

Inferior to what?    Many parts of it are wonderful,  but they have never,
except as
part of Rodion Schedrin's irresistible ballet, added up to a perfect stage
work, IMO.
Had Bizet lived longer he might have created one, or more, or better yet, a
lot of
symphonies.  With that, I may have made all the enemies I should for one
day.

dtmk.