Subject: Infant hearing
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:21:15 -0400

As a point of interest, babies in the womb have complete adult hearing by the fifth month of gestation. The faculty of hearing is instrumental in brain development in all areas. Most obvious would be its connection to language development.
Adults also hear to the same 20,000 Hz., though they develop a preference for lower pitched sounds compared to babies. Yet it is within the same range.

On another subject, I too love O ma lyre immortelle. It is beautiful and moody. I like Crespin and the others. I have studied it. Very dramatic piece. I looked up a lot of material on Sappho. It is fascinating stuff. I would love to see more of her poetry. I don’t know how moderns can understand the culture at that time, but that has to do with motivation. The music is beautiful and evocative.

RP

Sent from my iPhone