Subject: Re: New Yorkers: Lohengrin alert
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:09:00 +0000

That Elsa was probably the first major German soprano role Anna ever sang,  so it is understandable that she would seem uncomfortable, especially singing it in Germany. I think I recently read that Anna will not performing any more Wagnerian roles. Soon after those Lohengrin performances Anna sang Manon Lescaut after which she said that singing Puccini right after Wagner was a killer for her and that she would never do that again.