Subject: The Consul and Tosca and Parsifal (oh my!)
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Jul 2018 12:06:15 -0400

Thanks to Idia and Kirsten for sharing their posts on these here
performances.  I wish I could get to The Consul as it’s one of my favorites an
and this production sounds pretty amazing.

Parsifal BEING my favorite opera of all time, I tried to watch the Munich
production but had some issues trying to get it and, having seen the video
clips will just try to “listen” to what appears to be yet another brilliant
musical performance of this masterpiece.

I’m one of those who actually like the Luc Bondy “Tosca” (I can’t think of
any production of Bondy’s I was not a fan of) – except for the “stunt double
in the window” business.  Staatsoper has revived the Bondy production
about 4 or 5 times to much success and I think after the first presentation
of it there, scrapped the dummy move so each Floria has been able to leap
to her death.  (At the Met, Racette apparently repeatedly asked to be able
to leap from the tower.  I think it was two seasons ago, Tosca was the
hottest ticket in Munich, with people all over the plaza trying to score a
single ticket.

Meanwhile, seeing only three posts over two days gives me just a bit of p
pause for concern:  is everyone okay or possibly suffering from the heat.
For those so inclined, I’ve edited/fleshed out my review of Heggie’s “Three
Decembers” that I posted on the list after last night’s performance.  The
full review is here:

http://sharkonarts.blogspot.com/

p.