Subject: Vishnevskaya and
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:43:23 -0400

> Well, I only saw V. live once, in Carnegie with her husband on cello, doing to Shostakovich songs. It was way along in her career, and I did not hear much I liked.

We were not talking about anyone but Sopranos, and since inevitable with great Russian singers we got along to Chaliapin. He of course was a towering figure.

To digress further, Zara Dolukhanova, a mezzo, is a huge favorite of mine. Her husband was a conductor, and most of her career took place inside the Soviet Union. Absolutely peerless

Ah, Spietato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvO6IaRixu8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvO6IaRixu8>

Erbarme Dich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLti3cR_ino <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLti3cR_ino>