Subject: Re: Vishnevskaya
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:33:33 -0400

Not bad, but not as sublime as the one by Mark Reizen, age 85.   Still
available after all
these years on Youtube, praise the Lord, his remains the most perfect
performance I know
by anyone at any age of anything.  The song, to begin with, is intensely
beautiful, and
Reizen, seems to sing it almost entirely on a single breath as though he
were bringing
it into existence from the very soul of Rachmaninoff.  Each time I watch it
I am as astonished
as I was the first.

dtmk