Subject: Re: Hotels Near Covent Garden
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:56:43 +0300

For lavish indulgence I like the Savoy and Corinthian. Not cheap but more reasonable value are the very pleasant Covent Garden Hotel and One Aldwych. If you really lay out the funds, the Savoy has rooms and suites that have fantastic views over the Thames down to Big Ben (covered in scaffolding when I was there in May) and the big ferris wheel.

I was intrigued by the idea of staying at a hotel on the sight of one of the world’s great recording halls, but last time I went by the Kingsway Hall Hotel it looked closed for renovation.

A restaurant nearby the opera, Giovanni’s of Covent Garden, looked like a tourist trap but turned out to have excellent food.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad