Subject: Re: Sesto's Parto
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:54:09 -0400

TT was a big part of my personal "Golden Age."  I saw her live many times -
Sesto, Cesare, Achilles (Handel's Deidemia sporting a marvelous uber butch
pair of boots...), Ariodante, Romeo (Bellini), Octavian, Ariadne's
Composer.  The voice was often described as "smoky" and so it was, but the
sacro fuoco underneath was always ignited and burning at full tilt.  She
has no equal today in the Mozart / Handel repertory.