Subject: Re: Tetelman
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Jul 2018 16:23:00 -0400

Tom

I agree 100%! He has range, a fine voice and all the technical skills
required for a major career. But, he is prone to shouting, and when
he modulates the volume, it comes across as an external effect,
disconnected from the musical line. The fact that he can do it is
encouraging, but now he has to figure out how music should go.
I listened to "Ingemisco" and Federico's Lament. For the former he
might listen to Bergonzi or prime Di Stefano and for the latter,
Ferruccio Tagliavini and Tito Schipa would be a good starting
point.

He is very talented and has all the requirements for success.
He knows how to sing; now he must learn how to make music!

Bob