Subject: Re: Langgaard's Magnificent "Antikrist"
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:43:01 -0400

I’m glad you took the leap, Eduardo.  I hadn’t realized the CD price had
gone up that high.  The music alone is worth it, but to see this beautiful,
powerful staging from Denmark AND the same audio performance, well,
the better deal is definitely the one you took!  I hope you’ll share your
response with everyone once you’ve experienced the whole thing!

I watched it in its entirety last night, but must admit that I could NOT stop
watching the last 20 minutes, which I did about three more times, then
watched the final chorus another 5, tears rolling down my messed up
cheeks (I’ve got Bell’s Palsy right now).  The final chorus reminds me, just
a bit of the fugal “Kyrie” from Durufle’s Requiem, and a bit also of
Bach’s “Dona nobis pacem” from the B minor.   Powerful, beautiful stuff.

I do hope others will follow suit and give this a watch/listen!

Best,

p.

* * * * *
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:22:25 +0000, Eduardo Cordeiro <r
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Thank you for your post; it convinced me to get it. The CD went for 35
CAD on Amazon.ca, the DVD for 9. I ordered the latter  :-)