Subject: Re: Some Thoughts on the Met: Size, Capacity, Mini-Met etc.
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:43:36 -0400

Thank you, Paul, for some common sense. Refreshing to see the same appear as against the Mickey Rooney - Judy Garland - 1930's movie musical scenario plot of "Hey kinds.  Let's put on a show in the barn.  Maybe a producer will see it and then we'll be on our way to Broadway" plot.  You then instantly cut to a shot of an andience of thousands, an orchestra of eighty comprised of obviously young teen aged musicians, and a production number on stage that is worthy of having been staged by

It should be noted that one of the biggest, if not the biggest, obstacle to overcome with such a proposal  would be the opposition of the musician's union to granting the financial concessions necessary to making such a proposalfinancially viable.

Best.
Ray

***