Subject: Re: the real final night at the old Met 1966
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:48:20 -0400

It's Ethel Merman alright; I saw her as she left at the 40th St. exit,
alongside
Giovanni Martinelli, Friedelind Wagner, and on and on. . .

But again, those posts or columns, so visible around the rear of the
orchestra seats,
interfered with none but a few standees, who may have paid a little more
that night,
but normally got in for what - a few quarters?  Believe me, we were'nt in
the least
bothered; it was infinitely better than today's standing room.  I'm afraid
posting that
gorgeous photo had the opposite of its intended effect.

dtmk